ANNOUNCEMENT FROM GOVERNOR’S OFFICE
HOPE Program: COVID-19 FOOD ASSISTANCE APPLICATION
Tribal members in need of food during the COVID-19 Pandemic can apply for food assistance through the Tribes HOPE program. Food assistance is still based on need and tribal member must meet the COVID-19 food guidelines. Here is some basic information pertaining to the attached application:
1. Application must be submitted by the Head of household.
2. Applications will be received by HOPE throughout the week but will not be mailed until the week of April 6th.
3. Please be available via the phone number on application in case HOPE staff need additional information to determine eligibility.
4. Application must be complete and all information provided to be considered for assistance.
5. Online application is fillable and can be completed online.
6. FYI per HOPE: Although utility companies are waiving disconnect requirements, customers must still call in to the electric company to touch base.
7. We cannot stress enough the importance of applying only if you and your family are in need and have no other resources.
8. Please do not call the HOPE program inquiring about approval of your application as this will slow the processing time. You will be notified by phone if you are not eligible and no phone call will be made if you are approved, the food cards will be mailed.
9. As a reminder, effective Tuesday, March 31, 2020, the HOPE Program is not open to the public and until further notice will not provide on-site assistance. Applications can be submitted using the online web form or downloadable form above, by your legislator, via fax to (405) 422-8246, emailed to HOPE@cheyenneandarapaho-nsn.gov, or mailed to Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes HOPE Program, P.O. Box 167, Concho, OK 73022.
As we continue to monitor the ongoing changes of the COVID-19 pandemic and are faced with making daily decisions on behalf of all tribal members, we are asking for your continued patience, understanding, and prayer.
13897total visits,11visits today