- 3/31/2020 Announcement from Governor’s Office – HOPE Program: COVID-19 Food Assistance Application
- 3/27/2020 Return-to-Work Update Letter from Governor Wassana
- 3/24/2020 Letter to Tribal Members from Governor Wassana
- Executive Order_3-19-2020
- CA Tribes Governors COVID-19 Press Release
The Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes are continuously monitoring the ongoing and evolving changes regarding the COVID-19, also known as the Coronavirus. We are taking precautionary measures and doing our part in containing the virus. Unprecedented safety measures are being taken nation-wide due to the Coronavirus.
Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes leadership’s decisions in part are based off recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and also the World Health Organization (WHO).
The Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes employees and tribal citizens are highly encouraged to utilize the following safety precautions:
- Practice social distancing. Stay home and keep visitors to a minimum. Do not participate in shopping or other outside activities that are not necessary.
- If you are sick, call your doctor ahead of time and explain your symptoms to them.
- Wash our hands as often as possible and avoid facial contact.
The virus can be spread person-to-person, likely via coughing and sneezing, handshaking, or other close contact with an infected person. Common symptoms of illness will include fever, cough and shortness of breath. While the primary risk factor has been travel history, or being in close contact with a confirmed patient, there has been transmission of the virus not related to these causes.
We want to reassure our communities that precautionary planning is underway in the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes.
Helpful Information about COVID-19:
- Resources for Indian Country (National Congress of American Indians) http://www.ncai.org/initiatives/partnerships-initiatives/resources-for-indian-country-coronavirus
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Live Updates from the World Health Organization (WHO) https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Print Resources about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/factsheets.html
- Travel Health Notices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices
- Stop the Spread of Germs Downloadable Sign (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/stop-the-spread-of-germs.pdf
CANCELLATIONS AND CLOSINGS
- All tribal sponsored events and activities are cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- All tribal properties and casinos are closed to the public beginning March 20, 2020 until further notice.
- Concho and Hammon Travel Plazas will have limited services. For Concho, call (405) 422-6565 for more information. For Hammon, call (580) 473-2010 for more information.
2952total visits,202visits today