Dear Tribal Members:
The Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes Legislature passed Resolution No: 7L-SS-2018-0508-006 on May 2, 2018, establishing the Department of Labor. The Department of Labor will address the deplorable rate of poverty, unemployment, and underemployment that exist among the Native People and safeguard the interest of the Tribes, enhance the sovereignty of the Tribes, and exercise stewardship over those resources committed to it by the Tribes and Federal Funding sources.
To promote and empower the Native American Workforce within the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes’ service area by instituting equitable labor standards, providing opportunities for advancement, and safeguarding employee benefits and rights.
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR:
· Adult Education, Employment and Training Administration, Office of Veteran Affairs, and Vocational Rehabilitation.
· Promote policies and procedures for uninformed guidance in administering federally funded grants and contracts.
· Develop meaningful “Career Pathways” to ensure successful outcomes for participants.
· Collaborate with tribal, local, and state entities to meet the demands of the labor market.
· Address employment and training issues relevant to the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribal Programs who work with youth and adults.
· GED Classes, GED Testing, Career Development, Employment Opportunities, Supportive Services, Rehabilitation Assistance, Resource and Referrals, Data Collection, Veteran’s Services, and Priority Community Outreach.
· Streamline Services: Develop a universal application among programs.
· Leverage technology: Online applications, Training, and Services.
· Grant Opportunities: Re-Entry Programs, Tribal TANF, SNAP to Skills Program.
· Apprenticeship Programs: Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes, Lucky Star Casino
· Strengthen TERO Ordinance and establish Tribal Workforce Policy
· Entrepreneur Training, Evidence Base Case Management, Tribal Wellness/Recovery Program
831total visits,3visits today