Developing Responsible Employees Aptitude and Marketing Success
“Through compassion and acquisition of skills, we empower indigenous families to achieve occupational and educational prosperity.” – DREAMS Mission Statement
To increase the effectiveness of employment and training programs the Tribes merged Adult Education program and Employment and Training Program to DREAMS as authorized per Public Law 102-477.
Through the Department of Interior, Public Law 102-477 distributes all funding based on the following grants and contracts: U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) P.L. 93:638, Job Placement & Training (JP&T) and Adult Education (AED), and Health and Human Services – Native Employment Works (HHS-NEW). The services provided by these grants and contracts include employment opportunities, career development, training services, employment retention services, and follow up services.
Through positive motivation, we encourage participants to develop an educational base they can build upon to achieve success for their family, their future and themselves.
DREAMS Program services include:
- GED – General Education Diploma
- LIT – Literacy Education
- ABE – Adult Basic Education
- WE – Work Experience
- SYS – Summer Youth Services
- Job Placement & Training
- WRS – Workplace Readiness Skills
- DEA – Direct Employment Assistance
- Career Development
- AVT – Adult Vocational Training
- OST – Occupational Skills Training
Community Program Services:
- Parenting Skills
- Life Skills
- ESAL – Education for Senior Adult Learners
DREAMS Application Requirements:
Each applicant will be required to complete a one-on-one Intake Interview when determining eligibility for assistance. Our Intake Interviews average at about 15 minutes, times may vary depending on services requested.
DREAMS provides supplemental funding for training and employment needs.
OUT OF SERVICE AREA TRIBAL MEMBERS may be eligible for assistance if funding is available. Same application process applies.
To begin application, please print Central Intake Form and Privacy Statement:
Applicants must submit the required documentation with their application:
- Copy of CDIB
- Copy of second ID (could be Driver’s License, SS card, birth certificate [youth only])
- Proof of Residence – (utility bill: water bill, electric bill, gas bill, etc.)
- Proof of income – (a pay stub from within the past six months, TANF benefits page, income tax.)
- Copy of High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Copy of any training credential or college transcript
- Proof of selective service (males 18+). Go to https://www.sss.gov/ and click on Check Registration. Click on Verify Now. Enter your information in the Online Registration Search grid.
*Above documents are necessary to complete application, regardless of services requested.
Additional documents needed for training assistance, please print Financial Needs Analysis (FNA) and Training Self-Assessment:
Additional documents needed for Direct Employment Assistance (DEA), please print Employment Verification Form, Survey of Needs, and 30-Day Employment Verification Form:
Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes DREAMS Program
P.O. Box 67
Concho, OK 73022
Office | 1.800.247.4612 ext. 27544
1585total visits,14visits today