ASSISTANCE ONLY FOR TRIBAL SERVICE AREA, AND STUDENTS MUST BE ENROLLED WITH A TRIBE.
Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes
Johnson O’Malley Program
The Back to School supply/backpack distribution process has been amended due to COVID-19. Following are the new guidelines for school year 2020-2021:
- JOM will provide a VISA gift card for your student’s school supplies and backpack
- Parent/guardian must complete an online application to receive the VISA gift card
- Receipts must be submitted to JOM via email or fax, unless you order from the BluSource, and Eastbay they will provide the receipts to us directly.
- All students must live in the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribal service area and must be enrolled in a federally recognized tribe.
- All new students must submit a copy of their child’s CDIB.
- Priority will be for all returning JOM students who reside in our tribal service area.
JOM has collaborated with Eastbay, Inc. for backpacks, if you order from the vendor they will be shipped to your home. The VISA gift card can be used at any store of your choice.
Apply On-line: www.cheyenneandarapaho-nsn.gov/project/johnson-o-malley
Eastbay, Inc. has created a JOM store and will be available until August 31, 2020.
Please contact Francine Williams, JOM Coordinator, if you should have any questions at 405-422-7566, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at JOM Program, PO Box 167, Concho, OK 73022 or Fax (405) 422-8212, thank you.
ATTENTION JOM PARENTS:
THESE ARE SCHOOLS THAT JOM HAS PAID FOR SUPPLIES, OR ARE SUPPLYING SCHOOL SUPPLIES FOR THEIR STUDENTS, ALL EL RENO STUDENTS, THOMAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS GRADES PK-6TH GRADES, GEARY PUBLIC SCHOOLS PK-5TH GRADE. JOM DID PURCHASE SOME SUPPLY KITS FOR CLINTON JOM STUDENTS IN GRADES 2-4TH GRADE, AND 5TH AND 6TH GRADE STUDENTS WHO WE HAD ON OUR PROGRAM LAST YEAR. PIEDMONT PUBLIC SCHOOLS HAS PAID FOR SOME STUDENTS ON TITLE, AND WHO ARE ON JOM, NOT ALL STUDENTS, PLEASE CHECK WITH THE JOM OFFICE FOR MORE INFORMATION. THESE STUDENTS WILL ONLY RECEIVE A VISA CARD FOR PURCHASE OF A BACKPACK ONLY.
The Cheyenne and Arapaho Johnson O’Malley Program is a federally funded program that provides supplemental assistance for the unique educational needs of individual students. Funding for the program is provided annually for all eligible Native American students who live within the nine-county service area and attend a public school or one of the Tribes’ Head Start Programs.
Assistance is also available by special request for students to attend UNITY, FFA conferences, FCCLA conferences, and educational conferences in conjunction with school or classes. In the summer months, assistance may also be available for Summer Enrichment Camps within Johnson O’Malley communities. This assistance is based on the availability of funds.
Johnson O’Malley Assistance Eligibility
To qualify for Johnson O’Malley assistance, a student must meet the following criteria:
• ¼ or more Indian blood, with proof of enrollment and a copy of CDIB (Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood)
• Must attend public school and reside within the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes service area.
• Students enrolled with a tribe by descendancy must show proof by CDIB or parent’s CDIB.
• If a child is not enrolled and is ¾ or more degree of Indian blood, a copy of the child’s birth certificate to show relationship with an enrolled parent, with such tribes as Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Creek and Seminole Tribes of Oklahoma who do not have a blood quantum, are eligible for Johnson O’Malley.
In addition to Johnson O’Malley assistance, enrolled Cheyenne and Arapaho students are eligible for up $200 toward the purchase of eyeglasses, eye exams, or contact lenses. This assistance is available one time per year.
Enrolled students are also eligible for Tribal assistance for Educational Support Items and Student Activities.
For help with any Johnson O’Malley program, contact the Johnson O’Malley staff.
12918total visits,15visits today